Team riders Dean Tennant and Andrew Mitchell were attending the UCI Downhill World Cup race in Leogang, Austria last weekend where Dean qualified 77th while Drew had to sit out the finals. Drew then went back home to attend BC Cup #2 and got himself 3rd Place on the podium, followed by Adam Mantle in 8th, 5 seconds off Drew’s pace.
After Fort William Dean and Drew headed over to Leogang for the 3rd round of the DH World Cups. Dean Ended up Qualifying for the Finals in 77th. Drew Finished 133rd and unfortuntley had to sit out the finals.
Dean: “Leogang went much better; the course was steeper and more natural- more like BC. I was having a lot of fun on the course and had to limit my runs so I wouldn’t get too tired. I qualified 77th out of 285; definitely tight. My run in the final on Sunday was slower than my qualifying run but I think that the course was slower due to overnight rain. I had some loose moments in the run, almost crashing at one point, but I kept the wheels on the ground and came down into the hotseat! At the end of the day I finished 63rd.
This Wednesday I leave for Quebec to race the second Canada Cup round at Mt Bromont this weekend, the World Cup at Mt Sainte Anne next week and then the Windham World Cup.
Thanks to my sponsors: Dunbar Cycles, Devinci, Elka Suspension, Troy Lee Designs, Straitline, Zett, NRG, Spy and ElevateMe energy bars.”
BC Cup #2
Drew and Dean travelled back to Vancouver after the world cup. Dean chose to sit out of racing this past weekend to rest up for The Canada Cup next weekend in Bromont. Andrew Joined the rest of the team in Mission BC for the 2nd BC Cup “The Bear Mountain Challenge”
The Conditions were extremely wet all weekend with the track deteriorating by the minute . Almost everyone in the top 10 made mistakes. The name of the game was who could get down the cleanest. I ended up crashing up top just missing the podium. Andrew didnt have a great run but managed to keep her up right. Dan Sims finished 6th.
- Bryson, Jeff 11 BC 00:05:12.58
- McDowall, Kirk 138 Anmore BC 00:05:14.60
- Digiacinto, Adriano 21 BC 00:05:16.87
- Mitchell, Andrew* 35 BC Dunbar 00:05:19.32
- Gorz, Tyler 184 Coquitlam BC 00:05:19.46
- Sims, Daniel 31 BC 00:05:20.76
- Grimm, Nick 20 BC 00:05:23.40
- Mantle, Adam* 19 BC Dunbar 00:05:24.73
- Burke, Trevor 32 North Vancouver BC 00:05:28.03
- Therrien, JS 16 BC 00:05:30.34
- Woolnough, Harold* 27 BC 00:05:30.48
- Frey, Daniel 39 Drayton Valley 00:05:30.59
- Roseingrave, Ross 30 BC 00:05:31.02
- Porteous, Cam 24 BC 00:05:31.20
- Gusten, Sky 15 BC 00:05:32.62
- Brunelle, Cory 13 150 Mile House BC 00:05:32.62
- Mullen, Brian 36 BC 00:05:35.11
- Currie, Alex 38 North Vancouver BC 00:05:36.42
- Faubert, Ken 17 Coquitlam BC Dunbar Cycles 00:05:36.77
- Serneels, Brian 28 Vancouver BC 00:05:38.26
- Masse, Jordan 23 BC 00:05:38.62
- Terwiel, Justin 12 Kamloops BC 00:05:39.10
- Evans, Anthony 139 Peachland BC 00:05:40.06
- Battle, Jamie 34 Calgary AB 00:05:40.22
- Bartkowski, Kevin 14 Whistler BC 00:05:41.70
- Stead, Rob 132 Vancouver BC John Henry Rides/ Pedals and Pint 00:05:46.90
- Dobie, Aaron* 147 Vancouver BC Dunbar Cycles 00:05:49.17
Next Weekend the team splits up with Dean and Drew Heading back to Quebec for the 2nd Canada Cup. They Will be joined by other team members Robby V and Cam P. while Myself and Dan Sims will be heading down Oregon for the 3rd round of the NW Cup.
DUNBAR ONLINE TEAM